CENTRAL HIGHLANDS BUSINESS SURVEY – ANNUAL
- The 2023 survey registered significant gains in the overall performance, revenue, and customer indices compared to 2022, demonstrating the resilience of Central Highlands businesses in the face of challenging conditions.
- Businesses are under increasing pressure due to escalating operating costs and a shortage of skilled labour.
- Sentiment for the coming year is stable, with little change expected in overall performance and revenue. Encouragingly, growth is anticipated in customer and staffing levels.
- Two thirds of local businesses have considered decarbonisation, with the majority (70%) focusing on energy optimisation.
The Central Highlands Business Survey, an annual initiative of CHDC, is a key barometer of business conditions and the overall health of our economy.
The results help CHDC to identify opportunities to improve its service to the business community and target our messaging to government and other key agencies.
The survey gives insights into:
- Business confidence in the Central Highlands economy
- Overall business performance
- Challenges businesses are currently facing
- Opportunities for increased growth