Posted on July 18th, 2017
The season is right upon us and, from a number of reports, some businesses are having a really strong season. Let’s hope that it continues and carries through to well into October. Caravan numbers have risen dramatically over the past few weeks and you only have to visit some of the shopping centres in Emerald to see the huge numbers of caravans in the carpark and visitors in the shops.
Last week, Mark Olsen from Earth Check and E3 Global was in the region to carry out a Marketing Plan review with the Central Highlands Regional Councillors and CHDC staff. This review will include the activities already carried out over the past 24 months and will identify several realignments of strategies to strengthen our marketing activities. The following are just a couple of discussion points raised throughout the review:
• Councillors to agree that our marketing plan be focused on our Sandstone Wilderness assets, and brand awareness and brand building activities be aligned with this.
• Strip the Sandstone Wilderness story and the actions back to the basics.
• Add a new page to the plan about the value that could be created by positioning Sandstone in the adventure drive market.
• Align our activities to mirror the messages placed in market by the Queensland National Parks Journey Guide: Queensland’s Sandstone Wilderness Parks Connect Memorably.
• Approach a recognised marketing agency to advise on plan strategies, identify a budget estimate and assist in the delivery of activities within the plan.
If you have been travelling out to the Sapphire Gemfields recently, you will have noticed the amount of activity happening at the Sapphire/Anakie cross roads. A huge thanks to Capricorn Enterprise for the recently refurbished and renewed billboard. Capricorn Enterprise has fully funded this project to the tune of $5,000.
Thanks to CEO Mary Carroll and the team, the billboard will complement the other Sapphire Gemfields Interpretive Trail works taking place in the region.
There are exciting and progressive times ahead for sure! As always, if you would like to know more, contact me and I will be happy to arrange an onsite visit to discuss further.
For more information or a catch-up, contact Peter Grigg E: email@example.com or T: (07) 4982 4386.