Posted on March 12th, 2019
Searching for a job and finding new staff in Central Queensland has now become much easier.
CQ Job Link is a new, unique and free online platform, created by the Central Highlands Development Corporation (CHDC) and Isaac Regional Council (IRC), with the support of the Local Buying Foundation.
This one-stop shop for employment-related information for the Central Highlands and Isaac regions will help regional employers locate, attract and retain workers, and help job seekers find and apply for suitable and meaningful employment quickly and easily.
The initiative was officially launched at CHDC’s Economic Futures Forum last week.
“CQ Job Link was developed in response to the growing need to attract a skilled workforce to meet industry and infrastructure demands across the regions, with employers identifying increasing difficulty in attracting candidates for a growing number of vacancies,” CHDC General Manager Sandra Hobbs says.
There are currently 356 vacancies listed on the site.
Features for employers:
- Free and unlimited job vacancy advertisements
- Find Talent enables businesses to search for potential employees
- Job Beacon enables shopfront displays of job information, including QR code for mobile devices to download full position description
- Option to share vacancies on social media
Features for job seekers:
- A real-time feed of locally-available vacancies. Powered by uWorkin, all relevant job vacancies are drawn into the one platform from the 100,000+ jobs advertised weekly online Australia-wide
- A search engine for vacancies in specific locations within the Central Highlands and Isaac regions, a feature unavailable in similar platforms
- Create and upload resumés to apply for jobs from any mobile device
- Job alerts / notifications
- Community noticeboard with relevant news, links and other resources
“By targeting job seekers interested in working in this region, CQ Job Link increases a local business’ chance of finding and retaining great employees,” Ms Hobbs says.
“It’s also going to reduce the costs of recruitment, such as job advertising and staff relocation, by attracting locally-based talent.”
CQ Job Link is supported by the Central Highlands Regional Council (CHRC) to highlight the opportunities in the region for its skilled workforce.
The initiative also aligns with the Central Highlands Economic Master Plan’s (CHEMP) 30-year vision for the region, which includes a highly-skilled, local workforce that supports our industries to adapt and grow in a changing environment.