“Our Region enjoys an incredible diversity that few other regions in the state or Nation share. It is our charter and indeed our obligation that we apply the same diligence to ensuring that our rural economies and businesses progress prosper and grow.
The Central Highlands Development Corporation retains its preeminent position in Central Queensland as a leading advocate and facilitator of economic development for our Local Government Area and the greater Central Queensland Region.”
Cr Kerry Hayes, Chairman
2016/17 financial year has been one of consolidation and planning for the Central Highlands Development Corporation (CHDC) in our mission to facilitate economic growth and to grow business sustainability and capacity. This year’s annual report is an opportunity to reflect on CHDC and the region’s achievements and aspirations for continued partnerships, investment attraction, and industry growth and development.
We have certainly been busy; in this financial year, some of our key highlights include:
- Delivering over 550 visits to local businesses;
- Visiting more than 460 tourism operators;
- Developing the Central Highlands Accelerate Agribusiness (CHAA) initiative and forming the CHAA Strategic Advisory Board
- Distributing over 10,000 copies of the inaugural Central Highlands Visitor Guide with 52 industry partners;
- Welcoming 120 engaged business leaders at our biannual Investing in Our Future Conference;
- Securing $100,000 in funding from our partnership with the Department of Agriculture & Fisheries (DAF); and
- Reaching 20 years of operation, delivering fantastic economic outcomes in the Central Highlands.
We’ve also included two key case studies from the year – successes from our Business Development & Support Program and our Agribusiness Development Program.
We are moving towards 2018 with confidence, with all signs pointing to a strong year ahead. Agriculture continues to flourish, tourism continues to expand, and the green shoots of the resources and energy sectors continue to grow. The CHDC team, in partnership with the Central Highlands Regional Council, applauds the generous support of our corporate partners in the past 12 months and we look forward to an exciting and productive year to come.
To discuss the report, please contact Cat Spalding, Regional Development Officer by clicking here.
The report is available for view and download below: