Posted on September 12th, 2017
It’s September already and the sun is starting to set on another tourism season. If you were to evaluate the past seven months, now would be a good time to look back at the strategies that you put in place and to determine if in fact they worked. Is there anything that you could do better or smarter and were your predictions/aspirations achieved or were they even feasible?
For your benefit, I have a shortlist of things that hopefully you have been able to put in place and keep updated to ensure that your business has made the most of attracting business through the door:
• Have you updated your website throughout the season with new images, changing opening times, activities, and info?
• Have you engaged in social media activities and, if so, have they been of value to the operation of your business?
• Have you updated your brochures and other related promotional material?
• Are you listed with the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW)?
• Have you registered with the Central Highlands Business Directory?
• Have you informed your Visitor Information Centre network of any seasonal changes to opening times, activities or product?
• Are you listed on or keeping up with the reviews of your product to see what your customers are saying about you, through the many social media channels such as TripAdvisor or WikiCamps?
For more information or a catch-up, contact Peter Grigg E: firstname.lastname@example.org or T: (07) 4982 4386.
Follow CHDC on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.