A partnership between Central Highlands Development Corporation and BMA, the program provides a dedicated Business Development Officer to work one-one-one with businesses to maximise opportunity in the areas of innovation, investment, diversification, employment and strategic planning. The program commenced in 2013, and is currently funded until 2018.
A central component of the program is the Business Development Officer role which has been funded for the past three years through the BMA Community Partnerships Program.
The Business Development Program is committed to:
- Raising awareness and facilitating programs, training and skilling opportunities and events that support the development of knowledge and skills for SMEs
- Supporting the development and review of business and marketing plans
- Facilitating opportunities that increase business exposure to current and potential markets, including the Central Highlands Business Directory
- Providing information on business development and investment opportunities
- Linking networking opportunities between businesses and their target market
- Assisting businesses in the prequalification process to tender more competitively for work opportunities
- Increasing awareness of tendering opportunities for businesses through a weekly report of advertised tenders
- Advocating for local procurement opportunities
- Supporting and increasing the viability and sustainability of businesses
Our dedicated Business Development Officer works with both start-up and existing businesses to provide support and assistance in business planning and marketing, including developing business plans, management systems, capability statements and response to tenders.
The Business Development Officer works with local businesses through stages of the pre-qualification process in supplying to Major Supply Chains for industry, government and the private sector to assist in their ability to more effectively tender for work, as well as working in collaboration with C-Res to facilitate the BMA Local Buying Program.
The Business Development Officer also assists in the planning and facilitation of business training workshops and networking events to up-skill local businesses in response to areas of identified needs.
Please email the Business Development Officer or telephone (07) 4982 4386 for more information on the Business Support and Development Program.